Believe it or not, many people see their dentist more than they do their regular doctor. If you are looking to find the best place to go for general dentistry in Calgary, you do have a wide range of options to choose from. However, this is a crucial decision to make, so you never want to be too hasty with your selection. Finding the right dental professional is vital to your oral health and overall satisfaction, so it is always in your best interest to be mindful as you start your search.
Taking a look at general dentistry, this is an area of the dentistry field that most people are very familiar with. This is a sector that covers a broad range of dental procedures, such as:
- Cleanings – This may include cleaning, scaling, and polishing, including advice on best practices for brushing and flossing your teeth for optimum dental health.
- Fillings – A filling is done to help restore a damaged tooth. The types of materials used for a filling will include composite resin, amalgam, porcelain, mercury, or gold.
- Bonding – This is a procedure usually done whenever a tooth is chipped, cracked, discolored, or misaligned. The material that is used for dental bonding is a type of composite resin that will harden and fuse to your natural tooth once a special light cures it.
- Root Canal – These are treatments done whenever a tooth has a pulp center that becomes infected in some way. Done to help save the tooth, a root canal can be performed either by a specialist or a general dentist.
- Dentures – The denture is used whenever teeth are missing. Also known as false teeth, they are crafted to look and feel just like natural teeth. You can get them done as partial or full sets.
- Bridges – The dental bridge is a type of appliance that has artificial teeth that become anchored to remaining crowns or teeth. It gets fitted over your natural teeth on either side of the gap so that it will stay securely in place.
Whether you are looking for an office for general dentistry in Calgary that you can see for regular cleanings or you need restorative services, you will see that taking the time to research online is best. From there, you can make sure to ask around to see if anyone you know has a few recommendations that you can check into.
At East Village Dental, we would love to talk with you about your dental health questions. We are available for our patients and have a broad range of services that fit in with your dental needs. If you are still curious about our offices and whether or not we make a good fit, we welcome you to set up a time for a visit where you can take a tour and get to know our layout.
For any questions regarding general dentistry in Calgary and what it is like to be a patient at East Village Dental, we would love to talk with you. Give us a call at (403) 263-9014 and speak with a member of our staff.General Dentistry Calgary