Emergency Urgent Dental Care Near You
Is your toothache getting worse? Did a prior injury lead to dental problems? Did you break your Invisalign braces?
There are just some dental issues that need to be treated immediately. Because it can be hard to decide what does or doesn’t count as a dental emergency, we’ve provided this page as a guide when you’re having a stressful day.
Dental emergencies are nothing short of a nightmare. From severe toothaches and broken fillings to bleeding gums, we handle dental emergencies fast and compassionately. Simply give East Village Dental a call or email and schedule an ASAP visit. We do our best to see all dental emergencies within 24 business hours.
Emergency Dentistry at East Village Dental
Ignoring a dental emergency should never be an option. That’s why we at East Village Dental have taken extra steps to tackle your urgent dental complaints.
You don’t have to wait for weeks to get examined for that frequent toothache. We have taken extra steps to tackle your urgent dental complaints.
We Want To Help Anyone, Anytime
- Emergency service is available to everyone in Calgary.
- We don’t turn back patients who might be coming in for the first time.
- Our dental emergency services are designed to serve you in your time of need.
What Counts as a Dental Emergency?
The biggest mistake you can make is to discard your dental pain and wait to book an appointment. Sometimes pain is our body’s way of warning us of infection or disease. In our experience, some toothaches need to be treated immediately before the problem gets worse.
Dental emergencies can cause a lot of pain, discomfort, and swelling, and even lead to bigger dental issues down the road.
How do you know if your toothache is considered a dental emergency? And when should you make an emergency visit to our Calgary office?
We request you to visit us if you’re observing one of these signs:
- Lost filling.
- Swollen gums.
- Bleeding gums.
- Sensitive gums.
- Broken/chipped tooth.
- Tooth infection (abscess).
- Broken veneers.
- Loose tooth (due to an injury or otherwise).
Don’t see your issue here? If you have any other abnormal pain or swelling in the mouth that concerns you, please, get in touch with our dentists ASAP!
Still not sure if it’s an actual emergency? Try asking yourself the following questions:
- Are you in severe pain? Severe pain and bleeding are always a clear sign of an emergency.
- Do you have an infection? This can be potentially life-threatening, and treatment should not wait.
- Have you lost a tooth? Adults should never lose teeth. Even just a loose tooth, without the pain, is a serious problem.
- Are you bleeding from the mouth? Come in immediately. If the bleeding is uncontrollable, seek care at the local emergency room.
Don’t let your toothache escalate into something worse!
What Are Some Common Dental Emergencies?
Toothache or Bleeding Gums
Toothaches should always be taken seriously. They are your mouth’s way of telling you that something is not quite right. When you experience sudden and unexplainable tooth pain, come in for us to help diagnose and treat the issue.
It is also abnormal to experience bleeding gums without any obvious cause. See our dentists immediately if you’re experiencing these symptoms.
Did you know that it’s possible our dentists will be able to reinsert and preserve your tooth by taking quick action?
How can you help make this possible? Before coming in to see our dentists, you should:
- Carefully pick up the tooth, taking care not to touch the root.
- Rinse it off (do not scrub the tooth).
- Reinsert the tooth in the socket.
- If you can’t reinsert it, place the tooth in a container of milk.
Food/Object Stuck Between Teeth
When a piece of food or another object becomes lodged between your teeth and no amount of brushing or flossing will help, you should see our dentists right away.
If an object is not removed, it may cause:
- Your teeth to shift.
- Gum irritation.
- Gum disease.
- Tooth decay.
- An infection.
Don’t wait until more dental treatments are necessary. Come into our Calgary office today.
A dental abscess is a severe and potentially life-threatening condition. This is when a pocket of pus in the tooth or gums has led to an infection.
A tooth abscess can potentially cause:
- Swelling in the face.
- Persistent toothache.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold.
- Tender lymph nodes in your neck.
This condition is an emergency as the infection can spread into your jaw, surrounding tissue, and other areas of the body. Come into our Calgary office as soon as possible.
Exposed nerves from missing teeth or fillings are excruciating. Unfortunately, they only get worse if you wait to see your dentist. In order to prevent infections, extensive treatments, or further nerve damage, seek immediate assistance.
Missing Filling or Broken Crown
A missing filling is another potential dental emergency because your tooth can easily break or chip without that reinforcement. This would expose the tooth’s nerves and lead to more severe dental emergencies. Coming into see our dentists as soon as possible could help you avoid a root canal or an extraction.
How Do We Take Care of Dental Emergencies?
We are one of the few dental clinics in downtown Calgary that handle emergency dental care. It doesn’t matter if you’re our patient or if this is your first appointment with us. We cater to everyone who walks in through our doors.
Our dental emergency services accommodate:
- After hour appointments.
- Direct billings to your health insurance.
- Walk-in appointments on three Saturdays of the month.
As per our protocol, you’ll be examined by a dentist within a few minutes of your arrival. Plus, if you’ve got time, we can arrange a same-day dental procedure too. The full dental appointment is optional, but it is the best way to treat dental pain that shows all the signs of becoming an infection.
All in all, we ensure that you get premium dental care during your hours of need. You can relax and let us handle the emergency.
Diffusing a Stressful Situation
Dental emergencies can be stressful. We want to help alleviate the stress and give you peace of mind that our expert dentists can help you smile brightly all day long.
We do that by:
- Creating a relaxing environment.
- Evaluating your emergency within minutes of arriving to our Calgary office.
- Making a plan of action to help with your pain so the procedure goes smoothly.
- Getting you started on the treatment you need as quickly as possible.
We believe that your smile deserves the best care possible, no matter what the emergency.
Why East Village Dental?
At East Village Dental, we pride ourselves on serving our patients with compassion and respect. Our aim is to remove your fears of the dentist by offering painless procedures.
In order to achieve this goal, we:
- Seek solutions from advanced technology and modern techniques.
- Take measures to provide high-quality dental care at affordable prices.
You don’t need to hesitate to come in to see us due to budget constraints.
The faster you come in to see us, the more likely we are able to help prevent further need for dental treatments. Most dental problems create a domino effect for the rest of your mouth. What might start out as a small toothache could turn into something much more invasive the longer you wait to come in to see our dental team.