When Are Porcelain Crowns Used?Porcelain crowns can be:
- Used in situations where the teeth need to be strengthened.
- Attached to your natural teeth to cover a damaged or chipped tooth.
- Used to improve the overall esthetic appearance of teeth and smile in general.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Crowns?The number one benefit of dental crowns is the cosmetic look of the porcelain. Our dentist will work with you to make sure your crown matches the surrounding tooth as closely as possible. That way, when someone looks at your smile, they won’t be able to tell the difference between them and your natural teeth. The porcelain material of our dental crowns, as well as their snug fit, significantly increase:
- The toothlike appearance.
- The strength of your tooth.
- How long your crown will last?
- Cavity and infection prevention.
What Is the Dental Crown Process?You can expect the treatment to be comfortable and quick. You will be placed under local anesthesia while your teeth are being prepared and the crown is being applied.
- Consultation and Exam: First, our expert dentists will examine and measure your teeth. That way, they can create crowns that are designed to suit your teeth specifically.
- Tooth Prerparation: On the day of the procedure, our dentists will remove some of your tooth so the crown will fit over it snugly.
- Restoration: We will then physically apply the crown to your tooth with an adhesive that will make the crown permanent.
What Are Dental Bridges Used For?Dental bridges are used in situations where the patient is missing one or more teeth in a row. They work best under the following circumstances:
- There are strong teeth on either side of the gap.
- The patient has generally healthy gums and teeth.
- The patient is missing teeth and needs an affordable replacement.
What Is the Dental Bridge Process?The bridge process is very similar to the dental crown process. Throughout the procedure, we will do what we can to keep you comfortable.
- Consultation and Exam: This step involves and examination of your teeth as well as x-rays and digital images that will guide our process.
- Tooth Preparation: Your images will be used to create your dental bridge, but in the meantime, we will need to file down your adjacent teeth so they are ready to hold your bridge.
- Bridge Placement: We will place your bridge, using the two teeth on either side of your gap as supports. The bridge holds the number of missing teeth in between those two teeth.
Why Porcelain Is the Premium ChoiceIn the past, crowns and bridges were made out of porcelain facings and metal substructures to help withstand the force of your bite. This also allowed them to adhere to the natural tooth using only a dental cement. However, over time the older porcelain faces would begin to gray around the edges. This would become noticeable in front teeth, leaving people feeling self-conscious. Bonding technology has advanced the adhering of porcelain restorations making it now possible to create durable and esthetic results.
What Does This Mean for You?
- The procedure of bonding a crown to your tooth has improved in both speed and technique.
- Our dentists can actually adhere an all-porcelain restoration to your tooth that looks natural.
- Your dental crowns and bridges maintain their color and structure for longer and require fewer replacements.
Why Choose Us?We at East Village Dental, recognize that no two smiles are the same. That’s why we would love to meet with you during a one-on-one consultation. During that consultation, we will go over:
- Your unique dental needs.
- Your personalized plan for the procedure.
- Whether a porcelain crown or bridge is right for you.
Restore Your Smile
Begin the process of getting your smile back today!