What Are Porcelain Veneers?Veneers are a thin layer of porcelain material that we adhere to the surface of your teeth. Each set is custom-made, including their:
How Can Veneers Help Me?Veneers are a great cosmetic treatment that can give patients a brand new smile in just a couple of visits. Veneers can also address the following issues you may have with your teeth:
- Bite issues.
- Uneven teeth.
- Spacing problems.
- Broken restorations and fillings.
- Staining from antibiotics or fluorosis.
Am I a Good Candidate for Veneers?There may be cases in which you need to get some dental or orthodontic work done before starting the veneer process. If your teeth are too worn down, it can be challenging for the veneer to stick to your tooth. You might also have larger gaps in your teeth that make it hard for our dentists to create the winning smile you deserve. You can make an appointment with our dentists to go over your individual dental needs. Our dental team will make sure to help you decide if porcelain veneers are right for you.
What Is the Veneer Process?Once it’s decided that you’re a great candidate for porcelain veneers, it only takes two visits to get them.
- Tooth Preparation: On your first visit, our dentist will remove a very thin layer of enamel from your teeth. Think of this being the thickness of your fingernail. Then, our dentist will make an impression so your permanent veneer can be made.
- Veneer Placement: You may be given temporary restorations for your teeth. Consider how they look and feel. On the next visit, the temporary restoration will be removed and we will place your permanent veneer on your tooth using a special bonding material.
What Can I Expect for Recovery?Recovery from your appointment should be very easy. Here are some things you might notice:
- Your teeth are a bit sensitive to temperature at first—this will go away quickly.
- Slight soreness, but it should be very mild.
How Do I Take Care of My Veneers?Your porcelain veneers will not require any more care than your natural teeth did. Schedule regular dental visits and teeth cleanings. That, coupled with good oral hygiene, and you will keep your veneers healthy. The better you take care of your veneers, the better and longer they will take care of you.
Why Choose Us?At East Village Dental, a professional team of well-trained cosmetic dentists awaits to give you cosmetic treatments that are:
Change Your Smile, Change Your LifeWe recognize how much veneers can change your life and always aim to make your experience as personalized and comfortable as possible.
We look forward to seeing your smile brightly.