When you lose an adult tooth, you want to get it restored as soon as you can. You didn’t realize how serious it is just to miss a single tooth.
A lost tooth can make eating painful and difficult, plus make cleaning your teeth and gums harder. The airflow through your teeth changes, making you sound different when you talk. And you might avoid smiling in pictures. Teeth tend to drift, causing changes to your bite that are difficult to fix.
For many reasons, your local dentist office in Calgary, East Village Dental, offers tooth replacement options, including single tooth implant replacements.
How Can I Fix a Single Tooth That I’ve Lost?
Whenever you lose a tooth, you have several options. You can ignore it, which may lead to damage and infection in the tooth socket. Your other teeth may start to migrate toward the socket.
Or come to the dental clinic for new teeth. The dental implant process will give you a permanent new tooth root, which will be with you for life, and a custom-made new tooth attached to it.
- Other teeth.
Contact East Village Dental to get a consultation. We’ll check that you’re an ideal candidate for an implant procedure and explain your options.
Benefits of Dental Implants at East Village Dental
When you fix teeth through the tooth implant process, you are making a long-term investment. Your new tooth root is made of titanium, which will never wear out. It’ll be with you for life.
Dental implants are versatile! They can support:
- A single tooth crown.
- A bridge.
- Implant-supported dentures.
Throughout your life, we can use them for various dental services.
Plus, at East Village Dental, we keep you comfortable and relaxed. We have a soothing environment, comfortable couches, and understanding team members in a family dental practice. You’ll feel understood and valued here!
If you feel anxious, you can ask about sedation dentistry. Don’t let anxiety or tooth sensitivity stop you from getting a tooth implant when you need one.
Your final tooth implant and tooth restoration will be:
- Easy to clean.
Your new tooth will make you confident in pictures again, improve the way you talk, and help you eat nutritious and delicious foods.
How Single Tooth Dental Implants Work at Our Dental Office
Let’s imagine you’re going through the dental implant process at the dentist office. What will happen? First, you’ll be greeted by our friendly team members, made to feel welcome, and seated on a comfortable couch.
Then, you’ll get started with the general steps of the implant process:
- Exam: Checking your dental health and jawbone strength for the implant placement.
- Scans: Taking 3D dental x-rays to identify the best position for the implant.
- Planning: Preparing the precise way that the implant will be placed safely.
- Consultation: Answering your questions and getting to know your goals.
- Grafts: Strengthening your jaw bone with a bone graft surgery, if needed.
- Implant Surgery: Placing the implant quickly and safely in the jaw.
- Healing: Letting your new implant naturally integrate with your jaw.
- Replacement: Getting your new permanent tooth.
This sounds like a lot of steps, but here’s the summary: We’ll check you over, plan the surgery, give you the surgery, let you recover, then place your tooth. It’s pretty simple for you!
What’s in a New Single Tooth? Crowns and Abutments
Your new replacement tooth will be made up of three parts:
- The Implant: This is the titanium tooth root that holds the tooth in place. The root transfers any pressure of chewing into the jaw, giving strength and stability to the new tooth.
- The Crown: This is the visible part. It looks like a natural tooth. It has a chewing surface just like your other teeth. You can brush it and floss it like your other teeth. It’s the great-looking thing that shows up in pictures!
- The Implant Abutment: This is a tiny, custom connector that acts as a platform for the tooth crown to sit on. It joins the implant below to the crown above.
With those details, you know what you’re getting for your dental implant costs. But what you’re buying also is long-term confidence and an investment in your health and happiness.
I’m Looking for the Best Implant Dentist Near Me
When you get a dental implant that will last for the rest of your life, it’s important to get it right the first time. We believe that’s why you should come to our dental practice at East Village Dental.
We are well trained in the following areas:
- Dental implants.
- Family dental care.
- Preventive dentistry.
- Other new procedures as they come out.
We’ll do everything possible to give you a safe, comfortable procedure and caring follow-ups.
We’ll also help you understand your options for paying for your new tooth. So, call East Village Dental today. Don’t let your missing tooth plague your life anymore.